Big shout out to the wonderful Eram at The Confuzzled Reader for nominating me and a few others for this award! Thank you for consciously nominating smaller, up-and-coming book bloggers and helping us to all get involved! (Check out her wonderful page here) ❤️
So, what is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
So let’s get started!
My Answers to Eram’s Questions
1 Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as a side project during the summer, before starting my English MA. After 4 months of pouring pints and wiping tables, I felt like I needed something to remind me how to use my brain! And I’m hoping to start a PHD next year in contemporary fiction, so I figured the better I can network and the more I know about the online book-world the better!
2 How are you finding blogging so far? Are you enjoying it?
When I began to blog I thought that I would be doing it simply to help with my studies. However, I had no idea about the huge bookblogging community out there or just how great it is! My favourite part of blogging is the help and advice everyone is so willing to give, and I love sharing views and comments on books I’ve read or am yet to read. It takes some effort to keep up to date, especially alongside a busy life, but the new friends I’ve made already make it worth it!
3 What is something that you want to know more about, in terms of blogging?
Although I have taken part in a few book tags, I am still a bit clueless about a lot of the games, nominations and awards that go around, and how to get involved. Also, the bookblogger lingo… has anyone got a dictionary for that!?
4 Have you received any ARC’s or Advanced Reading Copies? If yes, can you tell us the name of the first ARC you received.
In the space of the last couple of weeks I have had a few ARCs, the first one being Robbie B Yates’ One Very Odd Teacher. Check out (and wish me luck for) my first blog tour review on October 6th!
5 Your top 3 favourite book bloggers?
1) One of my absolute favourite bloggers is Between The Lines, who is quite unique in her in-depth reviews of classics – I love that she doesn’t just review new releases!
2) Snikki Poo Reviews is a really active blogger, always up for chatting and has on-point recommendations!
3) Travelling Sisters Read are a new connection, but seem to have the exact same taste in books as me!
6 What was the last thing you ate?
I’m currently sat in a hotel room (perks of my boyfriend bringing me along on his work duties!) trying to let the huge meal we ate go down. We shared – 5 tapas dishes (prawns, battered squid, battered cheese, minute steak, chicken and chorizo), a massive chicken burger, salad, coleslaw, chips x2 and nachos with all the sides. Bet you wish you never asked.
7 Which book made you cry your heart out?
The last book that made me cry my heart out was The Lost Child of Philomena Lee – Martin Sixsmith. A heartbreaking and inspiring true story that I hope I’ll get the change to review soon.
8 If you could, what would you change in your favourite book?
I don’t have a favourite book (every time I think I’ve decided, I read a new book and it changes!), but I think everyone ultimately wants their favourite books simply to never end.
9 Who is your favourite bookish character and why?
My absolute idol/soul animal/twin sister is Bridget Jones. I would hate to admit how many times I’ve read the books and watched the films, but no other character encapsulates the essence of British humour in quite the same way!
10 Which trope: love triangle or unrequited love?
Love triangle (or love hexagon, heptagon, octagons, like Wuthering Heights)
11 Would you describe yourself as an introvert, ambivert or extrovert?
Extrovert with a mouth that never stops running! 🤦🏼♀️
I hope you enjoyed my answers (if you didn’t fall asleep along the way!).
I nominate –
My 11 questions to you are:
1) What has been your favourite book of the month so far?
2) Name a book that you have recently bought solely from a blogger’s review.
3) Do you read multiple books at a time? Or just one?
4) Name a book that you were disappointed by/felt had been over-hyped.
5) Give an ‘unpopular opinion’ on a book/series that everyone else seems to love.
6) What book have you read the most times cover to cover?
7) Favourite cover art of a book you own (include a picture, if you can!)
8) Name a stand-alone book that you WISH had a sequel.
9) What setting of a book would you love to visit?
10) Name something that bugs you about the book blogging community.
11) Name something you LOVE about the book blogging community.
As always, please don’t feel obliged to take part! But if you do decide to write up a post, please remember to tag me!
And if you haven’t been included this time, but would like to included in any future tags or nominations, drop me a comment and I’ll include you next time! Feel free to include any of your own answers in the comments 😁
Happy Reading Folks! 📚